Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Belzebuth Pur Malt

Disclaimer - I am not a beer critic and I try new beers for the adventure, not to review them.


Phew, since that is out of the way, this is one of three beers that I will never have again even if given the chance. It was definitely an adventure trying this brew though and I did so in the fall of 2006. You want to know the other 2? You will just have to read the blog for the next couple of years and I guarantee that I will share them at some point. Still pretty good at well over 1000 beers and counting that I only have three of them.


OK, enough with that stuff, how does this beer fit with the theme of the week? I saw it listed as a possibly Halloween related beer (Michael Jackson, The Beer Hunter is highly regarded in the world beer community) at one place and then I sought out a few descriptions and reviews of the beer. So Belzebuth is apparently french for Beelzebub or the Devil. People dress up like devils for Halloween - there is the connection. Don't worry I will expand on this later in the week.


Back to the beer - this is one of the strongest beers I have ever tried at 13-15% alcohol content (based on different sources, I remember it being 13% but that was 5 years ago so I can't be sure)!!! So you think you want to try more than one of these? Good news is that I have only seen these in 3-packs, yes that is right, 3-packs and I remember the bottles being small, probably 8 - 10 oz each - which compared to regular 4-5% 12 ounce beers would be like picking up a 9-pack??? Even with the array of great bottle shops in Seattle I haven't seen this beer and I think I would remember it!!!


Here is a review from The Opiniated Beer Page. Here is a review from RateBeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment